Success Stories / Goal-Setting Tips For Successful New Year’s Resolutions
Dec 21, 2015 • Smoothie King
You didn’t think it was going to sneak up so fast, but it did – the end of the year is near. By this time, you might be going into panic mode between holiday preparation and trying to establish your health and wellness goals for the upcoming year. To help, we’ve compiled an easy goal-setting guide to help you set your goal and go for it successfully in 2016.
Part 1: Reflect
To start, grab a piece of paper and a few minutes for yourself. The practice of writing will help you remember your goals and ensure you don’t lose sight of what you set out to achieve.
- Celebrate how far you’ve come: what successes and growth did you have this year in your health, family, work and lifestyle or personal development?
- List the current priorities in your daily life. Are you happy with these or is some reprioritizing in order for a balanced year ahead?
- Dream away. One year from now, what do you hope your answers to the first question will be?
- Next, evaluate what’s written so far to identify your target areas and goals. Write these down, too, and be as specific as possible!
Part 2: Plan
Benjie B., lost 65 pounds through Change A Meal*
Now that you’ve identified your goals, you can assess what needs to be done to reach them. For example, trucker Benjie B. set out to lose weight with Smoothie King’s #ChangeAMeal Challenge. Not only did he decide to replace 2 meals a day with nutritious Meal Replacement Smoothies, he also planned ahead to pack ingredients for his portable blender. This helped him stick to his health goals no matter where his job took him.
- Brainstorm ways you can live out your goal. “I want to eat healthily” becomes “I will eat at least one vegetable with every dinner.” “I want to run a 10K” becomes “I will go on a run two mornings every week.”
- Attach a timeframe to your goal and the ways you will pursue it. Block off time on your calendar and set reminders on your phone to be sure you can realistically do so within your lifestyle and responsibilities.
- Determine if any routine changes are needed to make this happen, too. Are there any bad habits you need to address first that may get in the way of your goal? Will you need to train yourself to wake up at a new time? Is a nutritious replacement for breakfast, lunch or dinner better for your schedule?
Ready to jumpstart your 2016 goals? Come back December 28 to learn about the #ChangeAMeal Challenge. Simply replace one meal a day with a Meal Replacement Smoothie, and like Benjie, you’re on your way to fueling your purpose in the new year.
*Weight loss is dependent on each individual’s needs and is based on a low-calorie diet combined with an exercise program. Consult your physician before beginning any diet program.